NOTE: Maximum accuracy and efficiency for Dragon requires a USB or Bluetooth microphone that meets minimum specifications. Our best recommendations include Handheld, Wireless, Wired and Desktop microphones
This version of Dragon Legal is a Volume License Agreement (VLA) for qualifying customers. Required Qualifications include the following:
1. You must own a valid DLG or DLI 15 license
2. You must live in the United States
3. You must work at or own a business
4. You must have a business email address. Generic email addresses, like Yahoo and Gmail, may not go through.
Recommended add ons:
KnowBrainer 2022 (the worlds #1 selling third-party command utility) which makes Dragon / Dragon Medical both easier to use and more efficient.
Dragon Installation and Training Flash Drive - 16 Gb USB 3 Flash drive containing any Dragon product full installation, Installation / Training Manuals, KnowBrainer command software and KnowBrainer knowledge base. We also recommend keeping a copy of your user profile on the flash drive and include instructions to do so.
Note: Dragon does not come with a microphone, recommended microphones can be found by clicking here.
The all-new Dragon Professional Individual, v16, a smarter next-generation speech recognition solution empowers busy professionals to complete documentation and reporting quickly and accurately on the PC, so you spend more time on activities that boost the bottom line. Leveraging the latest in Deep Learning technology, Dragon constantly learns and adapts to your unique voice and dictation habits to deliver new levels of personalized accuracy and productivity. Robust transcription, powerful customization, and the ability to seamlessly sync with the Dragon Anywhere mobile dictation solution extend the benefits of speech recognition to meet your unique business needs wherever your job takes you.
Faster and more accurate than ever
Dragon Professional Individual, v16 expands the possibilities of speech recognition innovation with a next- generation speech engine. Dragon uniquely brings consistent, optimal accuracy to the PC with Deep Learning technology and adaptation techniques that continuously adjust to your voice or environmental variations even while youâ€™re dictating.
- Delivers up to 99% speech recognition accuracy
- With new engine, get optimal accuracy for speakers with accents or in slight noisy environments such as in a cubicle environment
- Get highly accurate speech recognition results right out of the box with no training required
- Provides a personalized voice-driven experience
- Achieve increasingly accurate results the more you use it
- Enjoy personalized accuracy; Dragon learns the words and phrases you use the most
- Further enhance accuracy with optional advanced training or analysis of existing documents and emails
- Performs with fast response times and minimal latency
- Talk at normal speeds and see words appear on the screen almost instantly
- Receive immediate feedback on what you say so you can check it right away
· Never lose a beat in your train of thought; Dragon captures your ideas as fast as you can speak them
Key features and benefits
· Faster and more accurate than ever, with next-generation speech recognition technology that continues to adapt to your voice even while your dictating
· Create, format and edit by voice quickly and efficiently
· Easily create custom words such as proper names and specific industry terminology
· Create custom voice commands to insert frequently-used text and graphics
· Use a Nuance-approved digital recorder to capture thoughts on the go for later automatic transcription
· Sync customizations with the Dragon Anywhere mobile solution to continue documentation work anywhere you go
· Work easily on popular form factors such as portable touchscreen PCs
· Even easier to get started with enhanced help
Use your voice to dictate documents or enter text anywhere you normally type
Dragon eliminates barriers to productivity and creativity by letting you interact with your computer by voice. It turns your spoken thoughts into text and your voice commands into action so you donâ€™t have to worry about the mechanics of typing and spelling. You can easily switch between keyboard, mouse and voice so you can use the mode of input you prefer for any given task.
Dragon not only lets you dictate up to three times faster than typing, but it also allows you to make edits and apply formatting using your voice. You can select text and apply formatting such as bold, underline, capitals and more, or just speak to make needed changes. Smart Format Rules automatically adapt to how you want abbreviations, dates, phone numbers, and more to appear, so you donâ€™t have to correct them every time.
Dragon gives you robust voice command and control as well as Enhanced Dictation (or Full Text Control), for fully voice-driven editing and command capabilities within many popular business applications that you use every day. Create documents such as reports, emails, forms and notes, and zip through computer tasks in record time.
Create custom words and vocabulary
Dragon Professional Individual easily learns acronyms, proper names and other unique or business-specific phrases that you frequently use so it captures your unique words the way you want. In addition, you can import and export your custom word lists.
Create custom voice commands for inserting frequently-used text and graphics
Create macros to automate multi-step workflows or business processes via simple voice commands. For example, send an email to your sales distribution list, copy the senior management team, and print a hard copy for your files by saying something like, "Send standard sales distro email.â€
Transcribe your recordings from audio files
Dragon Professional Individual supports Nuance-approved digital voice recorders and smart phones for advanced recording functionality and can automatically transcribe the audio files to text back at your PC. It leverages all the accuracy improvements gained from the state-of-the-art speech recognition engine for fewer post-corrections.
The transcription process features a fully streamlined setup for your own voice. Because acoustic and language model adaptation are automatically leveraged for the current user, no special training is required.
You can also accurately transcribe another single speaker voices from pre-recorded audio files or from podcasts. No additional training is also needed to transcribe third-party speakers, so you can complete transcription quickly and accurately.
Depending on your preference, you may take notes by recording your voice into an audio device for later transcription, or you can work with the Dragon Anywhere mobile app for immediate, professional-grade dictation. Dragon Professional Individual lets you work the way you want to optimize your productivity while on the road.
Work easily on popular form factors including touchscreens
Dragon is optimized for popular form factors such as portable touchscreen PCs so you can experience new levels of documentation productivity on the go. It is great for new PCs including highly mobile devices with hybrid touch and keyboard interaction modes.
Command and control your computer by voice for convenience and comfort
Launch applications, select menu items, press keys, switch between windows, search the Web, create and send emails and more all by voice, if you wish. Dragon Professional Individual gives you the flexibility to:
· Work hands-free, if desired
· Experience more ergonomic comfort when working on your computer
· Feel less stress and strain on your body
· Multitask by using your voice to dictate and execute commands
Simplify proofreading with natural- sounding text-to-speech or audio playback
Dragon text-to-speech capability is a natural-sounding synthesized voice that reads designated text to you, thereby simplifying proofreading and supporting new levels of multi-tasking. With Dragon Professional Individual, you can also listen to audio playback of your own dictation with the associated text highlighted on the screen.
Choose your microphone option for freedom and flexibility
With automatic microphone detection, Dragon Professional Individual will conveniently show you which microphones are available for you to use. Because Dragon lets you use multiple audio device types within the same profile, you can easily switch to another microphone while keeping all your personalized preferences for accuracy and formatting. This feature is useful if, for example, you use a USB mic at home, a wireless mic at work and your laptopâ€™s built-in mic when youâ€™re on the go. With Dragon Professional Individual you have the option to use:
· Microphones built into many of the latest laptops: You are free to dictate documents and speak commands directly into your laptop without using a headset
· Wireless Bluetooth mic: Use a KnowBrainer-certified microphone for outstanding wireless performance and the freedom to move while working on your computer
Extend accessibility and prevent repetitive stress injuries
Dragon Professional Individual supports Section 508 standards to eliminate barriers for individual workers with disabilities that limit their ability to use a keyboard and mouse. In addition, it helps prevent fatigue and repetitive stress injuries by offering a comfortable, ergonomic alternative to the keyboard and mouse.
Even easier to get started and master
Dragon Professional Individual makes it easy to get started with speech recognition and to become proficient quickly with regular use. It is also simple to explore more advanced features that can boost your productivity even further.
Dragon offers multiple ways to accelerate mastery and get the most out of your speech recognition investment, even offering productivity tips and helping you discover advanced Dragon features. You can take advantage of:
· Helpful tutorials make it easy to become productive right away
· An intuitive design provides easy access to a rich and powerful feature set for ever-increasing productivity gains
· Contextual guidance tailored to your usage will help you maximize the power of Dragon and complete documentation more efficiently than ever before
New Features in Dragon Professional Individual v16 orver v15
- Full Windows 11 Compatibility with Windows 11 specific enhanced commands
- Runs noticeably faster in Windows 11
- Microsoft Office 21 Compatibility
- Corel WordPerfect Office 21 Compatibility
- Apache OpenOffice Compatibility
- LibreOffice Compatibility (limited)
- Multiple screen MouseGrid support (up to 3 resolution matching monitors)
- PowerMic 4 Support
- Microsoft Teams Support (but not as powerful as the KnowBrainer AI commands)
- “Modern Comments” in Word dictation support
- Improved high resolution monitor support
- Dragon security and resilience optimization
- Improved Microsoft Edge Dragon extension
- Fix for Microsoft Word “Jumping Pages” issue
Optimized for popular form factors such as touchscreens
Improved set up
Dragon provides simplified microphone selection for faster, easier setup:
· No transcription setup option needed
· No smartphone option needed (since built-in mic is already supported along with numerous other microphone options)
· Adding a new mic source is faster than ever with no additional training requirement
Improved user interface and experience
Dragon delivers an improved user experience that makes powerful features easier to discover and use.
Improved "Option menu, with relevant options and settings consolidated into one easy-to-use dialog box. Menu selections include for example:
· License management (for Dragon Anywhere or a quick upgrade to Dragon Legal)
· Profile management
· Auto-formatting options
· Improved browser experience
· Detects when a web extension or plugin is not active and notifies the user with information on how to install it
· Faster startup time with synchronization of shared word sand auto-texts from Dragon Anywhere performed in the background; there is no need to log in and out for synchronization to occur
The enhanced transcription process leverages all the accuracy improvements gained from the state-of-the-art engine, while reducing the number of steps required to getting your audio recordings transcribed.
· Simplified user interface and better speaker management
· No training required for transcription; you no longer need to initially transcribe and correct a short 90-second clip to achieve transcription accuracy
· Acoustic and language model adaptation are automatically leveraged for the current user
· No training is required for third-party* transcription; there is also better separation of current user data versus third-party speaker data
· If you will be frequently transcribing a particular third-party, the Help feature will guide you through creating a separate profile for that speaker
· Fast, post-recognition process automatically applies basic punctuation that is not dictated to give you a head start as you review or correct your transcription results
· Transcription of third-party speakers may require an additional license for each unique speaker.
Updated web and application support Updated
Dragon empowers you to work even more quickly and accurately by voice with support for Enhanced Dictation within the latest business applications. Web and desktop applications with enhanced support include, for example:
· WordPerfect XXI
· MS Teams & Skype for Business
Contextual guidance tailored to your usage helps you maximize the power of Dragon and complete documentation more efficiently than ever before. Dragon offers multiple ways to accelerate proficiency and get the most out of your speech recognition investment even offering productivity tips and helping you discover advanced Dragon features. You can take advantage of:
· Helpful tips, triggered by first-time actions when the mic is on, such as:
· Explaining Enhanced Dictation when user is working in a supported application
· Tip to say "scratch that" when user hits backspace
· Browser help when user first enters web applications such as any webpage, Google Docs, Gmail, Web Word, or Outlook. Com
· Tips for working with the dictation box
· Tips for working in tablet mode
· Improved online help:
· Enhanced help that gives users easier access to top searches
· Changing content on main help page with highly used topics
· Short tutorial videos integrated in help for areas of high interest
· New troubleshooting sections
· Expanded navigational text that gives users more information/ context
· More task-based dialog box help