Includes KnowBrainer 2016 30 day trial and a hard copy of our exclusive NaturallySpeaking 13 installation/training guide pictured above. To find out more about KnowBrainer click ~ What is KnowBrainer
Impressive advances have been made in both microphones and digital recorders in the last 2 years. Working with out of date microphones and recorders can detrimentally effect your efficiency. If speech recognition is important to your workflow, we recommend checking out our new Microphone Comparison Chart where you can view our latest microphone test results which compare pricing accuracy, noise cancellation, features and even comfort.
If you are a student, teacher, professor, self-employed worker, writer/blogger, consultant or someone who spends a lot of time on a computer, you would want to be the most productive with all your computing tasks to fit more in your busy day. Using a keyboard and mouse as your primary computer interface can be slow, require a lot of correction and cause stress and strain on your arms, neck or back, even if you are a fast typist. What if you had another way to interface with your computer that is natural, accurate and fast to boost your productivity potential?
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 Premium speech recognition software lets you accomplish more on your computer quickly and accurately using your voice. Dictate and edit documents, send email, search the web and use social media with unparalleled speed, ease and comfort. Stop typing, start speaking and start doing.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking advantages
– The fastest and most accurate way to interact with your computer. You can talk up to three times faster than you can type. With Dragon, you simply talk and your words appear on screen, enabling you to get more done faster.
– Freedom and flexibility to work the way you want. Dragon enables you to use your computer in a comfortable, ergonomic way, supporting voice control, dictation and editing capabilities in most productivity and web applications. Use the included Nuanceapproved microphone or the mic built into many of the latest laptops, for optimal flexibility and convenience.
– Easy to get started, easy to master. Providing fast, easy setup, helpful tutorials, and intuitive access to a rich and powerful feature set, Dragon 13 enables you to experience the benefits of speech recognition right away and realize ever-increasing productivity gains the more you use it.
Features and benefits
– The fastest and most accurate way to interact with your computer. Dragon delivers up to 99% speech recognition accuracy right out of the box, providing a personalized voice-driven experience, learning words and phrases you use the most and delivering accurate results the more you use it.
– Use your voice to dictate documents or enter text anywhere you normally type. Dragon eliminates barriers to productivity and creativity by letting you interact with your computer by voice. It turns your spoken thoughts into text and your voice commands into action so you don’t have to worry about the mechanics of typing and spelling.
– Edit and format documents—all by voice. Dragon allows you to select text, make edits and apply formatting such as bold, underline, capitalization and more, using your voice to make easy work of document creation. "Smart Format Rules" automatically adapt to how you want abbreviations, numbers and more to appear, so you don’t have to correct them every time.
– Command and control your computer all by voice. Launch applications, select menu items, execute key functions, switch windows, search the web, create and send emails and more—all by voice. It gives you the flexibility to work hands-free, if desired, and experience more ergonomic comfort when working on your PC.
– Enjoy superior dictation, voice editing and voice command in many popular web applications. Dragon gives you robust voice command and control as well as "Full Text Control" (full voicedriven editing and command capabilities) within many popular applications, including web applications such as Gmail , Outlook ® .com and Yahoo! Mail ™ ® within Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome ™ , enabling you to create documents and zip through computer tasks in record time.
– Choose your microphone option for freedom and flexibility. With automatic microphone detection, Dragon will conveniently show you which microphones are available for you to use. You can also use multiple audio device types within the same profile, meaning that you can easily switch to another microphone while keeping all your personalized preferences for accuracy and formatting.
– Dictate on the go, then transcribe your recordings. Record notes— anywhere, anytime while they are still fresh in your mind to produce more detailed documents. Use a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder for advanced recording functionality or the free Dragon Recorder app on your compatible iOS ® device. Dragon will automatically transcribe the audio files to text back at your PC.
– Import/export custom word lists. Dragon’s vocabulary editor makes it easy to personalize your vocabulary to include acronyms, proper names or business-specific phrases that you frequently use for increased recognition accuracy and fewer corrections. Importing and exporting your custom word lists enable you to share with co-workers who use the same terminology.
– Create custom voice commands for inserting frequently used text and graphics. With Dragon Premium edition, it’s quick and simple to create custom voice commands to quickly insert frequently used text and graphics. Insert email signatures, logos, graphics, boilerplate text and more just by speaking a simple command for significant time savings.
– Natural-sounding text-to-speech or audio playback of your own dictation. Dragon’s text-to-speech capability reads designated text to you, simplifying proofreading and supporting new levels of multi-tasking. You can also listen to audio playback of your own dictation with the associated text highlighted on the screen.
– Easy to get started, easy to master. Dragon makes it easy to get started with speech recognition and become even more proficient with regular use. It’s also simple to explore more advanced features that can boost your productivity even further.
What’s new in Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 Premium.
Dragon speech recognition software lets you get more done on your computer quickly and accurately by using your voice. Dragon turns your spoken words into text much faster than you can type. Dictate and edit documents, send email, search the web and use social media with unparalleled speed, ease, and comfort. Stop typing, start speaking and doing.
Even more accurate
– 15% more out-of-the-box accuracy than Dragon 12 means that Dragon gets you, and you get
things done, faster than ever
– Learn from Sent Email tool now works with Web-based email such as Gmail and Yahoo! Mail you have more potential sources to let Dragon familiarize itself with the words and phrases you might write
– The new Vocabulary Editor interface makes it easy to search Dragon’s vocabulary, add new
words and customize each word’s unique properties
– The Vocabulary Editor lets you search on not only the written forms but also the spoken forms
– Smart Format Rules enhancements offer even more hints for alternative word written forms now Dragon 13 adapts even better upon detecting your format corrections abbreviations, numbers and more so your dictated text looks the way you want it every time
Faster than ever
– Faster processors yield faster performance: Dragon 13 continues to enhance its ability to
choose models and parameters depending on your computer’s resources to deliver the fastest
Easier than ever to setup
The entire profile creation process is now shorter than Dragon 12 due to the improved out-of-the box accuracy in Dragon 13:
– For the first profile, it simply assigns the profile name rather than asking you to enter a name you can always rename the profile later
– Reading four minutes of text is no longer necessary Dragon 13 is already accurate right out of the box. You can also go back later to read text to further train Dragon if necessary.
– Dragon 13 no longer asks you to adapt its vocabulary based on documents and emails during
profile creation. If you wish to launch the analysis later, you have that option.
Simplified audio setup
– Dragon 13 automatically detects the best audio devices available you simply select one of the
recommended devices that you wish to use
– The microphone check takes a few seconds with just one screen of easy-to-read text
Easier than ever to use
A completely redesigned and enhanced user interface makes Dragon 13 more intuitive and easier than ever to use:
– DragonBar: The new DragonBar provides clearly indicated controls and automatically collapses when you’re not using it, taking up less real estate on your screen. You can use the DragonBar menu to customize its behavior. If you’re an existing Dragon user and you’re more comfortable using the classic DragonBar, you can easily switch back to it.
– Learning Center (formerly called the Dragon Sidebar): The Learning Center has been redesigned and enhanced. The top panel, open by default, contains essential commands and advice which automatically change as you switch context to different applications.
– Interactive Tutorial enhancements: The Interactive Tutorial has been redesigned and augmented. Its short, progressive simulations now also introduce the DragonBar, the Learning Center, the Vocabulary Editor, and important options, as well as basic Web navigation and use of Web-based email. It is automatically presented at the end of the profile creation process. Even experienced Dragon users can benefit from the Interactive Tutorial.
Use the internal mic
Dragon 13 now supports microphones built into many of the latest laptops for optimal flexibility and convenience. You’re now free to dictate documents and speak commands directly into your laptop without using a headset. For the most accurate results, we recommend the following when using your internal mic:
– Keep your consistent distance from the computer’s mic
– Minimize the ambient noise so it does not pick up stray sounds
Dragon 13 supports dictation with Full Text Control, as well as enhanced Command and Control, with Internet Explorer ® , Chrome and Firefox ® . In order to use Dragon in these supported browsers, you must enable the Dragon 13 browser add-on.
Dragon 13 has Full Text Control in supported text fields on the Web including Gmail, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook.com, in the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 9 or higher, providing an enhanced experience when dictating, editing and formatting.
™ Dragon 13 also has Command and Control for standard Web controls, links, and buttons, including Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, iCloud ® , etc. in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Updated application support
Dragon 13 now supports the following application versions with Full Text Control:
– WordPerfect ® X7
– Open Office ™ Writer 4.1
– Operating System Support: The new DragonBar can be used in both of Windows 8.x interfaces— desktop and modern
– Acoustic Optimization: The Acoustic Optimization process has been enhanced to make it more convenient and easy to schedule
– Canadian English: Dragon 13 now offers support for Canadian English vocabulary
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 Videos:
Creating Your Profile
The entire profile creation process is now shorter than Dragon 12 due to the improved out-of-the-box accuracy in Dragon 13. In just four simple steps, you can set up your Dragon profile to get started. Reading four minutes of text is no longer required. Dragon 13 is already accurate right out of the box.
Dragon quickly processes the recognition of speech in the background with a discreet indicator that recognition is in progress. This encourages continuous speech which enables Dragon to improve accuracy based on the context of each utterance. This video provides tips and best practices for general dictation.
Edit, Format, Correct Text with Voice Commands
Use many of the voice commands in Dragon 13 to modify your text, edit or replace text, or format text such as bold and underline. It's easy to create and edit documents all by voice using Dragon.
DragonBar & Learning Center
Dragon 13 features a contemporary, intuitive interface and helpful tutorials that make using it easier than ever before. Boost your productivity even further by exploring advanced features with the easy-to-use Learning Center, which displays relevant help at your fingertips.